• Best Women Short at LA Indie Film Fest 2020
• Best Female Director at LA Indie Film Fest 2020
• Best Female Director in Short at Toronto Independent Film Festival 2020
• Semi-Finalist Best Female Director at Montreal Independent Film Festival 2020
• Semi-Finalist Best Short Narrative at Dumbo Film Festival 2020
•Shortlisted as Best International Female Director at Venice Short 2020
The overflow of thoughts and feelings of a woman who is – perhaps – myself.
The inner journey is always a door to an epiphany or madness.
During the social distance period, due to the pandemic (this crazy moment of our whole world!) many thoughts and feelings visited me and I found myself questioning my existence and how I had been enjoying the opportunity of being alive. I also realized many people were going thru something very similar (what, in my perception, could be a huge chance for the humanity to evolve) and I fear we forget it all as soon as life gets back on the old track and the virus is controlled. I believe it was a chance to carefully watch ourselves, to taste the sensation of how empty and alone we can feel when in silence, when in contact with our very pure existence and nothing else.
So, this short is my reminder of how was to be alive in São Paulo, Brazil, during the year of 2020.
Was it a call? Are we going to honor it and take responsibility for the life we are living or are we going to ignore it in the rush of hours, money and greed?